Order Total Adjustments By Admin
There are times when you have to provide a special discount to a customer or add a surcharge in the total invoice after the order has been placed. Also, if you are creating order from admin panel, then you might need to add surcharge or discount. But unfortunately, native Magento does not provide the functionality to add discount/surcharge to the order which has been already placed and for the order being created from admin there is an inconvenient process to apply a discount, you have to create shopping cart discount rule first and then you can use it.
Therefore, as a solution to this problem, we developed the extension, "Order Total Adjustments by Admin". With this extension, you can add a flat or percentage-based surcharge or additional fee or a discount to existing orders and the new orders being created from the backend.
Existing orders: This extension will allow you to adjust the existing order's total in the admin by providing a label and a value for adjustment. The value can be defined as positive if you are adding any surcharge or an additional fee or negative if you are deducting, like a discount.
New orders being created at admin: In native Magento, when you want to apply a discount or surcharge on a new order which is being created at the admin, you first have to create a coupon code and then can use it. But with this extension, you can simply mention a title of the adjustment and a positive or negative amount of the adjustment. And all done! You just edited the order total with an additional fee/ surcharge or with a discount. It is as simple as that.
- This extension is Plug and Play. This means it starts its functionality as soon as it is installed. No manual configuration is required.
- It allows you to add multiple adjustments like you can add both discount and surcharge to the order.
- The adjustment amount can be flat or a percentage of the order total.
- This extension works on both existing and new orders.
- This extension's functionality can be allowed or restricted for separate admin users. For example, if the merchant/administrator creates a new admin user for his sales representative team, then the former can give order access to them but can restrict the order adjustment functionality.
The configurations of this extension are located at admin path System > Configuration > RedChamps > Order Total Adjustments.
- This extension allows adding many flat/percentage adjustments (discount, surcharge, extra tax etc) to order totals.
- Add/ edit adjustment amount to existing orders.
- Add/ edit adjustment to new orders being created at admin panel.